- The Library of Congress, via Thomas now has a new interactive map of state and US Territories legislature links. Click on the state on the map, or click on the hyperlink to be taken to the state’s legislature site for more information and resources on state laws, bills and more.
- The Law Library of Congress also recently announced that it has digitized the records of Piracy Trials pre-1923. You can view the records online or download the PDF files.
- In case you missed it in May, check out the Supreme Court Database as a fantastic resource for your research needs.
- The Database contains over two hundred pieces of information about each case decided by the Court between the 1953 and 2008 terms.
- Based on a report in last week’s issue of Business Week, online impostors may face jail time as well as hefty fines if a new measure is signed into law by Gov. Schwarzenegger.
- The law applies to anyone who credibly impersonates “for purposes of harming, intimidating, threatening, or defrauding another person,” according to the language of the bill, whose author is state Senator Joe Simitian, a Democrat whose district includes parts of Silicon Valley.