Study Guides and Strategies is a website that all students should bookmark and refer to on a regular basis during their tenure through the education system. Since 1996 this website has been fostering the growth of effective study skills for students in all age groups and educational levels.
The site provides various formulas to track how you spend your hours in a day, how to better prioritize your study session, tips for staying focus, memorization, test preparation and more. Each link leads to a webpage fully detailed with tips.
Set up as a sort of table of contents, here are following guides available on the website.
- Learning to learn
- Learning with others
- Effective study habits
- Classroom learning
- Online learning: questions to ask
- Motivating yourself
- General test preparation
- Ten tips for terrific test taking
- Concentrating: directing your thinking
- Reading Strategically
- Time management
- Project management
- Problem solving/meeting challenges
- Seven stages of writing assignments
- Writing process, types, deadlines
- Writing research papers
- Spelling strategies
- Taking math tests
- Following the scientific method
- SGS learning exercies and games