2012 bring a number of new laws into effect in California. The Mission Viejo Patch has compiled a list of all the new laws. Take a look to see how these laws will effect you.
Some of the key laws:
- California students will be the first in the U.S. to receive mandatory classroom instruction about the contributions of gays and lesbians to the development of the United States.
- It will now be illegal to sell or distribute shark fins, a Chinese delicacy, due to the rampant slaughter of sharks.
- Minors will need a prescription to buy any drug containing destromethorphan, an ingredient in many popular over-the-counter cough medicines including Robitussin, NyQuil and Dimetapp.
- Women may take up to four months’ pregnancy disability leave.
- Government and third parties are prohibited from gathering information about what books you read or buy over the Internet, unless they obtain a court order.
- Apartment building landlords will have to start providing recycling services for 7 million California tenants.
See also –
California Business Law Blog:
Californality – New California Laws 2012