Certain volumes of the State Department series, Foreign Relations of the United States, have been made available as e-books on e-readers such as the Kindle and the Nook in the epub & Mobi Pocket formats.
- E-Books Initiative, U.S. Department of State, Office of the Historian.The Office of the Historian at the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce the release of its Foreign Relations of the United States (FRUS) series in a new e-book format that is readable on popular electronic devices such as the Amazon Kindle and Apple iPad. The e-book edition combines many of the benefits of print and web publications in a new form that is portable and extremely convenient. During the pilot phase of the FRUS e-book initiative, five selected FRUS volumes are available here. The public is invited to download the new e-books and provide feedback to help improve the FRUS e-book edition. At the conclusion of the pilot phase later this year, the Office will work to offer e-book versions of many more FRUS volumes both through the Office website and on a wide array of e-bookstores. The Office will continue to expand and enhance its e-book offerings, as part of the ongoing FRUS digitization effort.
The volumes available are:
- Foreign Relations of the United States, 1964–1968, Volume XIX, Arab-Israeli Crisis and War, 1967.
- Foreign Relations of the United States, 1969–1976, Volume X, Vietnam, January 1973–July 1975.
- Foreign Relations of the United States, 1969–1976, Volume XXIV, Middle East Region and Arabian Peninsula, 1969–1972; Jordan, September 1970.
- Foreign Relations of the United States, 1969–1976, Volume XXXII, SALT I, 1969–1972.
- Foreign Relations of the United States, 1969–1976, Volume E–12, Documents on East and Southeast Asia, 1973–1976.