California Regulations and Administrative Law – UC Hastings guide outlines how to locate and update California regulations.
- Westlaw: CA-CS (state cases) & CA-ADC (regulations)
- Attorney General Opinions
- Office of the Governor – Edmund G. Brown Jr.
- State Agencies and Departments – California Agency directory.
- California State Agency Databases – An annotated list of databases produced by the State of California, divided by the three elected branches of our government or agencies of the Executive.
- California Courts
- Administrative Office of the Court – The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) is the staff agency of the Judicial Council
- Judicial Council – The policy-making body for the state court system.
- California Rules of Court – Rules of court, amended and local rules.
- Trial Courts – Municipal and Superior – California has 58 trial courts, one in each county. In trial courts, or superior courts, a judge and sometimes a jury hears witnesses’ testimony and other evidence and decides cases by applying the relevant law to the relevant facts. The California courts serve nearly 34 million people.
- Local Government Law – UC Hastings guide to Municipal Ordinances & Organizations for individual cities and counties in California.
- California Counties (California State Association of Counties)
- California Cities (League of California Cities)
- Municipal and County Codes and Ordinances
- Current State and Local Government Problems (PLRI)